Wednesday, May 26, 2010

colby 2010 Rodeo

So here is the last 2 rodeos......
Friday night




And then the horse head butted Colby!

Mom didn't like seeing this ......

Then we have Saturday......

Oh not so good at all..



And things just got worse.....
I can post now that some days have past.
I am thankful for my son.
I thank God for keeping him safe.
I love my son and this scared the hell right out of and my whole family.
Ryan was filming this and has it all on tape, which isn't easy to watch. We all had a hard time seeing this.
Just when we thought the ride was done, the horse turned over, with Colby laying under him and all his feet towards Colby's head. Everyone of the guys were RIGHT there to help, had the horses front feet roped in NO time at all.
His dad was there in seconds KEEPING OUR SON SAFE(I am thankful for that).
One of the men had his hand on my sons head keeping the horse from kicking him in the head....
They got the horse move and pulled Colby out. I thought for sure he had broken ribs, the horse had kicked him but thankfully they are only scrapped and bruised.
THE SPORTS MEDICINE GUYS KICKS BUTT!
He had the option for a re ride since the horse just fall down, AND YES HE HAD TO TAKE IT. NO I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO, nor did anyone else, but...... What do you do??
He got back on and rode
(this time my prayer wasn't for him to be safe, but to be safe on the ground and NO HARM DONE, I remember saying something like: Really LORD he doesn't have to ride just let him be safe on the ground with no harm to him.
Then I just held my breath, watched until he was SAFE ON THE GROUND!
NO HE DIDN'T MAKE THE 8SECONDS, but hey he WAS SAFE!!!
I am thankful that each and every cowboy and girl was safe this 2010 Rodeo Year!
OFF TO STATES JUNE 12Th...... Oh not ready for more!!


Here are his results!


3rd in saddle bronc


1st in BOYS CUTTING










Awesome frame and gift certificate for 8x10 photo!




Colby had a good 2ND year!


Thank you to all who supported him!!!


2 comments:

Elder & Sister Reynolds said...

Congratulations Colby - what beautiful buckles! Best of all, YOU'RE still in one piece!!!

Brandee said...

Great job Colby and mom {because behind a succesful kid is a great mom}!!!