Friday, February 20, 2009

So I have been tryin to "Change It Up At Our House".
With dinner that is!
I love to cook, but come on, I get so tried of the same old same old and of trying to think of different things to cook! Thank goodness for my friend's blog, and the other blogs they have listed! I have tried different recipes and will be keeping some!! Thought I would list a few new recipes I have tried out with our family!

For tonight (dinner for 2!)
I will be making Short Ribs & Shrimp..... mummmm!!

From The Pioneer Woman
Shrimp, Olive Oil, Tabasco, Worcestershire, Salt, Pepper, Butter, and Lemon.


















Very simple: (or so it says!)

You throw a bunch of shrimp in a baking pan and douse it with a heavenly mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and butter.















Then you broil it to perfection and serve on a table covered with newspapers, because it’s super messy.


















Serve hot, crusty French bread and mop up the delectable, flavorful sauce in the pan!
And Last Night I made:
Creamy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. 1/2 hour before serving top add more shredded cheese to top, replace lid and finish cooking. (Paula's Home Cooking - Food Network)
I didn't use my crock pot I baked it like a casserole, and made Broccoli and cauliflower & Pork Cops to go with it.
It was good, I think next time I will add onions and ham & maybe some peppers?? Hum.......
And the other night we had Crush Potatoes

From The Pioneer Women














New Potatoes (or other small, round potato), Olive Oil, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and whatever herb you like. Like Rosemary.

Put in as many potatoes as you wish to make, and cook them until they’re fork-tender.
Drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan.
Then grab your potato masher and gently press down on the potato until it slightly mashes.
Brush the tops rather generously with olive oil.
Salt & Pepper, some chives…or thyme…or whatever herbs you have available.
(450-degree) oven, and cook them for 20-25 minutes…
We like them........
With:


Chicken wings, thawed
White vinegar
Franks Hot Sauce
Butter, melted
Cayenne (depends on how hot you want it)
Vegetable Oil




Defrost your chicken wings and pat them dry (you don't want to drop "wet" wings into hot oil). Heat oil to 400 degrees in a deep fryer or deep pan, and cook wings for about 12 to 15 minutes. While wings are cooking, make your sauce, which is the vinegar, Franks hot sauce, and butter. You can add cayenne if Franks hot sauce isn't hot enough for you. I didn't really use any measurements. I just through ingredients together and kept "finger-licking" taste testing it until I thought it was perfect.Remove wings from oil and smother in sauce. Let them cool for a few minutes....that oil was HOT! Grab some napkins, because these babies get really messy, and they are finger lickin' good!
My kids (Colby) love hot wings! I can't say these turned out so good?? And I don't know what I did wrong???

Check out These Other places they have for recipes:
A little of this and some of that
Excellent Eats
Moms Dinner Helper
Picky Palate
The Cookin' Mamas
The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Yummy Recipe Finds
AND
Worthy Reading
Deceptively Delicious
Eat This, Not That For Kids
The Sneaky Chef
Thanks to all the different blogs!! And recipes!!

It has help "Change It Up At Our House"!!

2 comments:

Brandee said...

Ang, thanks for posting these yummy recipes. I have sent you an invite to be an author on our recipe blog http://busyfriendsrecipeswap.blogspot.com. This way you can share some of these yummy recipes with our other bloggers {if you would like}. We would love to have you and your receipes on there!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Brandee! I run out of things to cook! I have enjoyed reading all the receipes on the different blogs, it helps so much!!