Thursday, October 14, 2010

This recipe came from http://busyfriendsrecipeswap.blogspot.com/

I made this, this week and it was so good!!


Crock Pot Pizza Casserole

1 lb Ground beef
1.5 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
1 jar (23 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 pkg (12 oz) noodles {I choose a Penne noodle}
4 oz Cheese, mozzarella
4 oz Cheese, cheddar
1 small can Mushrooms
1 small can sliced olives
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 pkg PepperoniDirections
1. Brown hamburger and onion. Drain grease.
2. Cook Noodles while browning hamburger.
3. Add sauces to meat and onion mixture.
4. In crock pot add mushrooms, olives, and green pepper.
5. Spoon meat mixture into crock pot and mix all together.
6. Put in as much Pepperoni and cheese as you would like.Cook on Low for one hour, I wouldn't cook longer than two hours.

I do have to tell you when I made this, the sauce mixture did not go far - so I increased the amounts on this recipe. It is possible even with the increase it could still be a little dry, just use your best judgment on the sauce.
Additionally, I would imagine you could turn this into a half day crock pot recipe, with the hamburger being cooked in the crock pot. Overall, this was actually pretty yummy and I was sceptical!

No comments: