Friday, June 18, 2010

Yesterday I got very sad news, 2 of my best friends' fathers passed away.

I have know "Papa Tom" since, well since I was born. He was friends with my dad Daisy. So of course his daughter and I would have get in trouble together too, just at as much as are fathers did! Shani always liked to get me in trouble rather it was at church or Lava.
One of the best memories is when we were doing a benefit BBQ and my dad Daisy and Shani's dad Tom and April's dad Kenny and Michelle's dad Lindon were all together laughing and cooking for us girls, and someone was amazed to realize that all of our dads were friends and no wonder were too!!
I am very proud to have known TOM. I will miss his voice (full of BS) and will always be there for his family!

Thomas Edward Bartausky, 60

Thomas Edward Bartausky, 60, of Blackfoot passed away Tuesday, June 15, 2010, at his home. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. on Monday, June 21, 2010, at Hawker Funeral Home, 132 South Shilling Avenue in Blackfoot. Family will meet with friends and relatives for one hour prior to services at the funeral home. Condolences may be sent to the family at condolences@hawkerfuneralhome.com


I still remember when the Aikens moved to Blackfoot. My mother drove school bus and told us we need to be friends with the "new girl", (months later would regret that she ever wanted us to be friends Shelley and my sister and I have been friends ever since that day, oh and did we get in some trouble! I think I was a freshman in high school, my sister and Shelley were sophomores at the time.
Shelley's dad loved his girls very much and only ever wanted the best for them. He was a proud dad and grandpa!! Jordon is one of his grandson's who is also my son Colby's best friend, ( I have to say they don't get in trouble together, they keep each other out of trouble, thank goodness for Shelley and I). Bob will be missed by all.

Robert W. Aiken, 57

Robert W. Aiken, 57, of Blackfoot passed away Wednesday, June 16, 2010, at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls. He was born Nov. 26, 1952, in New Bedford, Mass., the son of Warren V. and Dorothy Fell Aiken. Robert attended schools in Fairhaven, Mass., through the 12th grade. He served in the Navy for four years. On Feb. 25, 1973, he married Gloria Ann Pulley in San Diego, Calif. He volunteered for the Red Cross and enjoyed fishing, bird hunting, woodworking, golfing, gardening and swimming with his dog. Robert worked for National Steel in shipbuilding, 19 years at Basic American and had also driven truck as a delivery man for United Liquors. He is survived by his wife, Gloria of Blackfoot; children, Shelley (James) Parris of Blackfoot, Rebecca (David) Park of Butte, Mont.; four grandchildren, Jordan and Austin Parris of Blackfoot, Natashia and Nathaniel Park of Butte, Mont., and sister, Sue Ellen Aiken of Mattapoisett, Mass. He was preceded in death by his parents. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 22, 2010, at Hawker Funeral Home, 132 S. Shilling Ave. Condolences may be sent to condolences@hawkerfuneralhome.com

No comments: