Tuesday, November 9, 2010

EGG NOODLES

Ingredients
2 EGGS (beaten)
1 1/2 to 2 cups FLOUR (I start with 1 1/2 cups add more as needed)
1 Tablespoon OIL
2 Tablespoon MILK
1 teaspoon SALT

Directions
1. Beat eggs
2. Add flour into bowl, then add oil & milk and last the salt.
3. With hands or fork, thoroughly mix.
4. Put dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth, about 10 minutes.**Add more flour or water if needed
5. Roll dough out with rolling pin.
6. Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
(WE JUST USE A PIZZA CUTTER and have fun cutting how ever they look!)
7. Add noodles to boiling chicken soup for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
8. ENJOY!!



Chicken Soup

Ingredients
1 teaspoon oil
1 4 boneless chicken breast or you can use a whole chicken
4 carrots
4 stalks celery
1 onion
water to cover
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 chicken bouillon or a 1 chicken gravy mix/1 can
(I use what ever I have at the time)
Optional -mashed potatoes
(I always try and make when I have left over mashed)

Directions
Cut up the chicken Put the oil in a pan (I use the same large soup pot I am cooking the soup in)then put the chicken and cook.
When the chicken is almost cooked add the cut up onion.
Then add carrots, celery in the pot and cover with cold water.
Heat and simmer, uncovered.
Add the chicken bouillon and season with salt, pepper taste.
OPTIONAL****Add mashed potatoes, this thickens the soup!!!
**OR put soup over top of mashed potatoes***
Add noodles to the pot, cook 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!

I also have cooked this in the crock pot!
***No need to cut up the chicken it will shred wonderfully! Just cut up the carrots onion and celery and add the bouillon and salt & peeper and water to cover. Cook on low all day or high for 4 -5 hours.
When you get home shred the chicken in the crock pot with a fork!

I also have put in whole potatoes and cooked them right in the soup and them when I got home I take the whole potatoes and mashed.
Make some egg noodles and add to the crock pot (ON HIGH-needs to boil) and cook 15 -20 minutes, then serve!


No comments: